Other Major Exclusions are as follows:
- Hospitalisation expenses not in lieu of treatment for Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) will not be covered.
- Insured members already treated for or quarantined for Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) before the policy issuance will not be
- Insured Member(s) is/are not suffering from fever or suffering /suffered from diabetes, hypertension, disease related to heart/lungs/kidney/liver, cancer, stroke or any condition that needs ongoing medication or the insured members(s) is/are due for any medical treatment, at the time of buying this policy
- Home hospitalisation (Domiciliary hospitalisation) expenses will not be
- Hospitalisation expenses for patients only under investigation with inconclusive medical report
will not be covered.
Test report for Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) conducted from centres other than ICMR Authorized test Centre in India from National Institute of Virology, Pune will not be considered. Link of Authorised Test Centres mentioned below: https://icmr.nic.in/sites/default/files/upload_documents/Testing_sites_for_COVID19.pdf
Yes. An initial waiting period of 15 days shall be applicable for anyone who has bought this policy.
No. Any treatment taken outside India will not be covered under this Policy.
Yes. You will be eligible provided you not have travelled to the countries listed in the “Travel Advisory on Home Isolation/Quarantine and restricted travel” issued by Ministry of Health & FW, Government of India as applicable on date of policy purchase, since 60 days prior to the policy inception date and any time after the policy inception date.
Travel advisories can be found here: https://www.mohfw.gov.in
Yes. One can purchase multiple policies for this cover with a maximum Sum Insured of INR 3,00,000 per policy. However, trigger of the 2nd/3rd Policy will only happen post exhaustion of the Sum Insured of the previous policies.
Yes. Coverage for Quarantine in a hospital shall be payable only if it is later diagnosed that insured person was suffering from COVID-19 during the Quarantine.
Individuals in the age group of 18–59 years can purchase standalone policies provided he/she is not ineligible as per the terms and exclusions of the cover.
This policy has individual Sum Insured options up to INR 3 Lakhs which means that each individual policy can have a maximum Sum Insured of INR 3 Lakhs.
This cover shall cover you for the Hospitalization costs incurred in case you are tested positive for Corona Virus Disease. (COVID-19).
The benefits that can be availed under this policy are as follows:
|Pre | Post hospitalization days
||30 Days | 60 Days
|Room rent Restriction
||1% of the SI
|Second Medical Opinion